Flexible packaging & allergen control
Preventing cross-contamination and protecting consumers
We’ve implemented strict and thorough allergen control policies to protect our customers (and their customers). Our Quality Assurance and Engineering Managers, working closely with our VP Operations, ensure that cross-contamination involving major food allergens (Fish, Soy, Peanuts, Sesame, Egg, Wheat, Milk, Tree Nuts, Crustaceans, Sulphites) is prevented, from the receipt of raw materials to the distribution of finished products.
Preventing Cross-Contamination of Raw Materials
- When new materials are received, Shipping personnel visually inspect them for the presence of contaminates such as food or food containers.
- When issuing film to equipment, Shipping personnel inspect the rolls for contaminates.
Deliveries are assessed for cross-contamination prevention procedures, and only approved suppliers are used.
Preventing Cross-Contamination During Production
- Food is not permitted within the production areas. An operator uniform program is in place to ensure only clean uniforms are in use, and hands must be washed before entering the production area.
- Emmerson Packaging maintains dedicated peanut-free facilities. No peanuts or peanut products are permitted in any area of the facility, including offices and lunch areas.
- In the event that an allergen is found within the production area, immediate steps are taken to report, segregate, investigate, and dispose of contaminated goods.
- Regular facility inspections are conducted to ensure complete adherence to all cross-contamination prevention measures.
Preventing Cross-Contamination During Shipping
- When handling rework, Operators visually inspect returned pallets for contaminates.
- When preparing goods for shipment, Shipping personnel inspect pallets for the presence of contaminates.
- Logistics personnel direct warehouses to visually inspect pallets for the presence of contaminates.
Emmerson Packaging reviews all of these policies and procedures with every new hire. We’re committed to keeping customers safe and healthy by doing everything in our power to prevent cross-contamination of our products by food allergens.