Sustainability Initiatives at Emmerson Packaging
Sustainable packaging is just the beginning. We’re committed to our green operations.
Helping our clients achieve sustainability goals for their customers is something we’re proud of at Emmerson Packaging (for which we have been recognized). You can feel great about the impact you’re making by choosing sustainable packaging for your products, and your eco-conscious consumers will appreciate your support of green practices at all levels of your supply chain.
Beyond packaging innovations, our manufacturing facilities have long concentrated on sustainability initiatives. We were the first ISO14001 flexographic printer in North America, and the first Sustainable Green Printer (SGP) in Canada.
Since the year 2000, per foot shipped, our facilities have:
- Reduced our residual solid waste by 87%
- Lowered our water usage more than 78%
- Reduced electricity usage by 41%
- Reduced VOC emissions by over 55%
- Become a certified SGP Printer
Read more about sustainable, green and environmentally-friendly packaging trends on our blog:
- Green Food Packaging – You Don’t Have to Sacrifice Style to be Sustainable
- The Power of Eco-Friendly Pet Food Packaging for Premium Brands
- Emmerson Packaging’s 6 ½ Initiatives that Support Supply Chain Sustainability
- Sustainable Packaging: Recyclable vs. Biodegradable
- Sustainable Packaging Challenges: Product Protection & More
- Pick Up The Park Challenge
- 3 Ways Environmentally Friendly Food Packaging Can Help You Reach Your Corporate Sustainability Goals
- Biodegradable Packaging: Addressing Common Questions